Things to do in North West, South Africa.
North West has several cultural villages that entertain and attract visitors.
A number of excellent game reserves have been established, including the Pilanesberg National Park.
- The historic route of Mahikeng includes an Anglo-Boer War siege site, the Molema House where Sol Plaatje lived while writing his Mafikeng Diary, and the Mahikeng Museum.
- The Groot Marico region is known as mampoer country and visitors can explore the Mampoer Route. The Kortkloof Cultural Village is dedicated to the Tswana people.
- Ottosdal is the only place in South Africa where the unique “wonderstone”, or pyrophyllite, is found and mined.
- The Ottosdal Night Race is organised in conjunction with the Diamond Marathon Club. The event consists of 42,2-km, 21,1-km,10-km races and a 5-km fun run.
- San rock engravings, Stone Age implements and structures are found on farms such as Witpoort, Gestoptefontein, Driekuil and Korannafontein.